EUROPEAN ROMA INFORMATION OFFICE
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) seeks a Communication Officer
To manage and develop the ERIO external and internal communication and information strategies
· On-line publishing - manage, develop and update ERIO's website
· Drafting, editing and issuing regular newsletters and e-news.
· Producing relevant publications and position statements.
· Regularly monitoring of EU policies and activities.
· Regularly monitoring activities and events of the European Roma movement.
· Help develop and implement visual identity and creative aspects of all publications and presentations of ERIO.
· Drafting and editing summaries on important Roma-related events.
· Writing press material.
· Developing, maintaining and updating ERIO's database of media representatives, Roma and non-Roma NGOs, governmental officials as well as EU and other inter-governmental institutions.
· Organizing press conferences or media briefings.
- Outstanding drafting skills
- Fluent English is a must, knowledge of other EU languages and in particular French and Romanes is an advantage
- University degree or equivalent (i.e. journalism, communication or public relations) and/or at least 3 years work experience in a similar position (experience with working with European level NGOs is an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of desktop publishing and practical application of MS Office
- Experience with developing and updating websites
- Ability to analyse policy documents and media materials, to present concise summaries and to rapidly draft press release or position papers.
- To be familiar with EU processes and the Roma movement.
- To take multiple tasks.
- To work in team.
To apply for the position, submit CV and letter of interest with at least two references to ERIO's Executive Director, Ivan Ivanov at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 10, 2008.
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is an international advocacy organization, which promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing factual and in-dept information on a range of policy issues to the European Union institutions, Roma civil organizations, governmental authorities and intergovernmental bodies.
The ERIO cooperates with a network of a large number of organizations and acts to combat racial discrimination and social exclusion through awareness raising, lobbying and policy development.